Finally, it is here. This has been in the works for a year and a half.
This is a compilation of remixes, mash-ups, and b-sides of Fire-Toolz and Nonlocal Forecast songs.
When I began seeking out remixes from various artists, I did not have the idea to suggest the combination remixes. That is why there aren't more of them.
There is only one Nonlocal Forecast album out right now, but there are 5 Fire-Toolz albums, plus a remix album that featured 3 original songs. That is why the ratio of FT to NLF is the way it is.
Triangular Reformat is Vaperror's remix title. I liked it so much I made it the name of the release.This is a compilation of remixes, mash-ups, and b-sides from both Fire-Toolz and Nonlocal Forecast, two of my musical projects.
Info on some of the tracks...
- Conscious Warm-Bodies is a remix using stems from Nonlocal Forecast Conscious Agent Combos, and Fire-Toolz - The Warm-Body.
- Natural Energy Spheres is a remix using stems from Nonlocal Forecast - Wave Nature, and Fire-Toolz - The Pain-Body (Wild Energy Spheres).
- At The Second Path is a remix using stems from Nonlocal Forecast - The Direct Path, Fire-Toolz - At The Pig Well [CODENAME_CARPLAY], and Fire-Toolz - Second Life
- Clear Game & Evolutionary Light is a remix using stems from Nonlocal Forecast - The Evolutionary Game, and Fire-Toolz - Clear Light
- Golf Hill Drive is a cover of a song by a 90's second-wave emo band called Boy's Life. www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywW_YwhIfs
- Soulmates is a cover of a song by a jazz fusion band called The Rippingtons. You may know it as having been sampled in Fire-Toolz - Everything & Everywhere Is A Trigger, as well as in the 情報デスクVIRTUAL song SHOP@HOME NETW☯RK LLC. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6sloT6ly0
- I had the idea to get the artist P A T H S パス to do a remix of a remix of my two songs "The Direct Path" by Nonlocal Forecast, and "The Path Straight Thru" by Fire-Toolz. Obviously it is a play on the "path" idea. So, I did the original remix first, making it intentionally basic without processing any of the multi-tracks too much. Then I sent the multi-tracks of my remix to P A T H S パス for remixing.
- One Byte At A Time is an alternate extended version of a jingle I was hired to create for an independent noise label's advertisement on a noise/industrial podcast.
- Dam Ambience is made from a field recording I made at my currently fading day job.
- A few of these songs have been previously released.